Dance Turkey Dance

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Have Conquered the Evil Satin!!





It's amazing what a couple of glasses of wine and some patience will accomplish. My second attempt is much more pleasing to the eye that it's evil twin. I still have to finish the top stitching on Lily's cape -- I ran out of thread with a little over six inches left. This of course brought more wine out, which led to a binge at Wendy's with Bruce and Ella followed by some Christmas shopping at Target. Shhh....don't tell Bruce that Breaking Dawn found its' way into my cart. After all these freaking capes, I deserve a good vamp book.

I'd like to thank the lovely Ella for modelling this size 3T cape for me. She has now decided that she wants a cape for Christmas, so she can be Dingo Woman. She's also requested the obligatory dingo ears as well, but that's an entirely different blog entry.


Satin is a real pain in the bottom. Double layered satin with applique is even more of a pain. But, I beat the demonic stuff into submission with the assistance from nearly every straight pin I own. Aside from Clive Barker's Pinhead I don't think this quantity of pins has ever been seen in one place. I once met Clive and discussed the spelling of meringue with him. I think he'd approve of my flowery Pinhead cape. Hmmm...I think I need to work on a Pinhead pincushion. Then again, knowing Etsy, it's probably been done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

oooh! I'm loving it! I definately vote for selling these. We are so happy to have been OG Cape-Havers. Lily loves hers!

December 19, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger missilebird said...

You've come a long way from the Crown Royal bag! :)

December 21, 2008 at 5:55 AM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

LOL. I think I'm going to save the Crown Royal bag for myself!!!

December 21, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home