Dance Turkey Dance

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watch Out -- I'm Getting Serious

Rest assured it won't last.

Here are a few thoughts I jotted down yesterday after watching the inauguration.

I just got out of bed. The girls and I retired there promptly at 12:00 noon to watch the inauguration of Barack Obama. Even the dog kept up company.

Things I will remember about today:

1. It snowed here in Rock Hill, SC. Granted an event not quite as rare as a black man becoming President of the United States of America, but still up there.

2. I nursed my two year old through the entire swearing in ceremony, and we all lived to tell the tale.

3. Ella was just as snuggled up to the dog as I was to Lucy.

4. It was warm under the covers with the girls.

5. Ella was more affected by the melting of our sprinkling of snow that she was this amazing moment in history. I'm so glad that she's still my sweet kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home