Dance Turkey Dance

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally! Something for the Ellabella

Still not a knotty dress tute. Some day it shall come. I swear.

I finally managed to make something fallish for Ellabella. Now, granted, it's made from super lightweight brushed cotton quilting fabric, thereby rendering it's fall use dubious at best. I'm working up the courage to do the next skirt with a lining...possibly (gasp) even a zipper. My sewing idol Jayney, A.K.A mummybuttons, keeps pushing the Amy Butler Barcelona pattern on me. Supposedly it is the penultimate skirt pattern. So...conquer the mighty zipper I shall.

Of course, said conquering (or purchase of said pattern) will have to wait for the recovery of our finances from my latest binge at the mighty Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, NC. And, people, let me tell you...there's nothing funnerer than a 32,000 square foot fabric store with the entire family, including Bruce, in tow. I'm amazed that Bruce didn't retreat to the knitting section in search of needles with which poke out his eyes.

For those of you not lucky enough to live within driving distance (Jayne) of my fabric mecca, here's a link for you: http://www.maryjos.com/about/tour.aspx. It really is quite overwhelming...beautiful, too. I could pack a lunch and stay for the day.








Without further rambling, I present for your viewing pleasure Ellabella, modelling stylish totally impractical fall Octopi a line:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home